Digitization of Media Companies
Media companies are the group of companies that were first confronted with the opportunities and risks of digital transformation. In the meantime, many traditional content providers, such as television broadcasters, publishers, and music labels, have changed their products, processes, business models, and their position in the value chain. New providers, often - but not exclusively - from the technology industry, are emerging with new services such as social networks. The background is the Internet as a bidirectional medium that encompasses all types of media as well as new players between media users and content providers. The aim of this research field is to understand the impact of these technology-driven developments on business models and strategies as well as to develop and test innovative solutions.
- Revenue models of media companies
- Content-driven commerce
- Management of streaming platforms
- Changes in value structures
- Use of virtual reality in media companies
- Bavarian Research Institute for Digital Transformation (BIDT)
- Internet Business Cluster (IBC) e.V.
- Center for Internet Research and Media Integration (CIM)